The 利记体育 MountainCat Veterans Program (MVP) recognizes the service performed by United States military veterans, and assists them in making a successful transition into the student population. This program represents 利记体育’s deep commitment to serving current and former members of the United States Armed Forces (Army, 海军, 海军陆战队, 空军, and Coast Guard) who served on active duty.
The MVP is a collaboration of many units across the campus that compose the Veterans Support Council. 利记体育 is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Our commitment to veterans and active-duty military men and women has earned 利记体育 the prestigious distinction of being named a "军事友好 School" by 胃肠道的工作 杂志.
Currently, our campus has more than 30 veteran students.
- Accelerated Admission Review This application process has been developed through the Office of 招生/先进的 and 继续教育, in which veterans are provided the opportunity to begin an academic program on either a part-time or full-time basis. 学生 who enroll through 先进的 and 继续教育 benefit from communication geared to their nontraditional situations and needs, personalized academic advising, and assistance with transfer into traditional academic divisions at 利记体育. The standard Application Fee is waived for all veterans.
- 优先注册 MVP participants are provided with special priority status enabling them to register before the general student population.
This provides you with the opportunity to register for popular classes that typically fill very early during the open registration period.
The 2019-20 军事友好 School list honors colleges, 大学, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success in the classroom and after graduation.
- 信用评估 Credits earned from previous course work, including through military service, can be evaluated for potential transfer to 利记体育. Transcripts will be evaluated closely in order to maximize the number of credits awarded. Eligible applicants may benefit from the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Specially trained individuals have been designated as your primary points of contact in several student services and administrative departments, which comprise the Veterans Support Council:
|珍妮特·格雷迪， DrPH, ANEF, FAAN
Vice President, 学术事务
Executive Director, 健康与咨询 Services
Director of the Office of Equity and 社区 Engagement
Assistant to the Vice President for 学术事务
Executive Director, 住宿及餐饮服务
Vice President for 学生事务
注册商's Office - VA Certifying Official
Interim Director, Career and Professional Services
Additional Benefits and Services
As an MVP, you are also eligible for:
- 20% discount on clothing and various items in the 皮特-约翰斯顿图书中心
- Annual President’s Veterans Day luncheon for you and a guest
- Fellowship and networking opportunities through the 利记体育 Veterans Support Group
In order to qualify for participation in the MountainCat Veterans Program, individuals must meet eligibility requirements for the 退伍军人权利法》®.
Act 46 of 2014 requires public institutions of higher 教育 in Pennsylvania to provide veteran students, 根据该法案的定义, with preference in course scheduling. Non-compliance may be reported to the Pennsylvania Department of 教育 by submitting the Higher 教育 Student Complaint form found at www.教育.状态.pa.us.